Spotlight 2 - Second-hand Smoke
This second issue of "Spotlight on the FCTC" highlights how the European Commission, European Parliament and EU Member States have met, or in some cases failed to meet, their obligations to tackle second-hand smoke, according to Article 8 of the convention.
Less than a third of the EU Member States have introduced fully comprehensive smokefree legislation, three years after the world’s first public health treaty on tobacco control – the World Health Organization (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) – introduced the need for protecting employees from the dangerous effects of second-hand smoke.
The second issue of "Spotlight on the FCTC" reveals how only nine of the 25 EU Member States that have signed and ratified the WHO treaty have so far introduced comprehensive smokefree legislation, leaving over half of Europe’s workforce exposed to second-hand smoke.
- Download Spotlight on the FCTC issue 2 (1104 downloads)
- Download Bulgarian 3 (1041 downloads)
- Download Czech 3 (1194 downloads)
- Download Hungary (1142 downloads)
- Download Polish 3 (1209 downloads)
- Download Romanian 3 (1054 downloads)
- Download Slovak (1037 downloads)