SFP Breakfast Seminar: Smokefree polices in Europe: Are we there yet?
Tuesday, 14 April 2015
14 April 2015. With a keynote speech by European Commission Deputy Director General for Health and Food Safety, Martin Seychell this breakfast seminar celebrated the launch of the updated SFP Smokefree Map and provided a platform to discuss whether smokefree policies in the EU are honouring national commitments made under the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control and the 2009 Council Recommendation on Smokefree Environments.
The seminar particularly focused on addressing the following questions:
- What is the current status of smoking bans across the EU?
- What are the barriers to introducing comprehensive smokefree legislation at Member State level?
- What can we, as national and European policymakers and civil society, do to help?
You can see and download the speakers' presentations below:
- Download Presentation 1 The SFP Smokefree Map (152 downloads)
- Download Presentation 2 The pitfalls of a partial ban in Portugal (153 downloads)
- Download Presentation 3 Lessons learned from the 2009 Council Recommendation on Smokefree Environments (147 downloads)
- Download Event Report (149 downloads)
- Download Final Agenda-SFP Breakfast Seminar 14 April 2015.pdf (149 downloads)