Spotlight 9: Tobacco Control and Development
Tuesday, 25 February 2020
The ninth issue of the Spotlight on the FCTC covers the topic of tobacco and development, focusing specifically on FCTC Art. 22 and Art. 26.
The European Union is currently leading crucial talks regarding its external actions. In the context of the negotiation around the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) for the 2021-2027 period, discussions are ongoing on the new European Neighbourhood, Development and International Cooperation Instrument (NDICI), which should merge most of the existing instruments for external action (development, international cooperation, neighbourhood policies, etc.). As the EU considers future objectives and priorities, it is time to recognise the crucial role of tobacco control in shaping sustainable health systems and in NCD prevention in developing countries, along with the cross-cutting SDGs contribution.
- Download Spotlight 9 - Tobacco and Development (314 downloads)
- Download SFP Spotlight 2020 FR v01 (294 downloads)
- Download SFP Spotlight 2020 DE v01 (292 downloads)
- Download SFP Spotlight 2020 IT v01 (294 downloads)
- Download SFP Spotlight 2020 NL v01 (307 downloads)
- Download SFP Spotlight 2020 PT v01 (292 downloads)